Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
We know, we had you at Donuts.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (thawed, 2 sheets)
- flaky sea salt for garnish
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coffee
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- For the Donut Puffs: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Open the puff pastry and using a 3-inch donut cutter, cut out 10 donuts. Place onto prepared sheet tray and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- For the Mousse: In a medium sauce-pot over medium-low heat, add coffee and chocolate and stir continuously until the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add heavy cream and whisk until soft peaks form. With the mixer still on, slowly add in the sugar and continue whisking until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the coffee and chocolate mixture. Place into a piping bag fitted with a filling tip. Insert the tip into the side of the donut and fill with about 1 tablespoon of mousse. Continue until all donuts are filled.
- For the Glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add cream and cook until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let the mixture sit until the chocolate has melted. Stir until the mixture is smooth and set aside.
- To Assemble: Dip the top half of the donut top with the glaze. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt.
- Tip: Use a cookie cutter to make your donuts into fun shapes, perfect for a brunch party!
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Squash Pasta Desserts Bread & Pastry Appetizers Muffins, Scones, Coffee Cakes & Other Sweet Breads
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat