A great alternative to fried food at your next party
Dungeness Crab Ceviche
- 1 Dungeness Crab
- 1/2 Fennel Bulb (cored and sliced very thin; fronds reserved for garnish)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Juice and Zest of 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Very Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more to drizzle
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Red Endive Leaves (to serve)
- Fill a very large pot (big enough to fit the Crab with the lid closed) with one inch of water. Bring to a boil, and place the Crab inside and steam for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly. Remove all of the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the Fennel, Lemon Juice, Grapefruit Zest and Juice, Jalapenos, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper. Genlty toss until well combined. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with Fennel Fronds and a drizzle of Olive Oil. Serve with Red Endive Leaves.