Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach and Spicy Lemon Oil
A delicious way to start your day!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 plum tomatoes (halved, lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt (to taste)
Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins (halved, toasted)
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil (plus 3 tablespoons to serve)
- 5 cups baby spinach
- flaky sea salt (to garnish)
- For the Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, add the halved tomatoes, olive oil, dried oregano, and balsamic. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until softened and golden.
- For the Lemon Oil: In the carafe of a blender, add 1 cup of olive oil, lemon, cayenne, and salt and puree until smooth. Strain the lemon oil, discard any solids and set aside.
- For the Poached Egg: Fill a high-sided saute pan halfway up with water. Bring to a simmer. Crack eggs into separate small bowls or ramekins. Gently add the eggs to opposite corners of the pan. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cooked eggs that are still runny in the middle with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon lemon oil (recipe below) and add the spinach. Allow to saute until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- To Serve: Brush the toasted English muffin halves with lemon oil, and top the muffin halves with spinach and a poached egg. Garnish with flaky sea salt. Serve with roasted tomatoes.
- Tip: Store the lemon oil in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts
Halibut en Papillotte
Cookies and Cream Sweetheart
Linguine with White Clam Sauce