Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach and Spicy Lemon Oil
A delicious way to start your day!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 plum tomatoes (halved, lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Kosher salt (to taste)
Easy Poached Eggs with Spinach:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins (halved, toasted)
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil (plus 3 tablespoons to serve)
- 5 cups baby spinach
- flaky sea salt (to garnish)
- For the Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium bowl, add the halved tomatoes, olive oil, dried oregano, and balsamic. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until softened and golden.
- For the Lemon Oil: In the carafe of a blender, add 1 cup of olive oil, lemon, cayenne, and salt and puree until smooth. Strain the lemon oil, discard any solids and set aside.
- For the Poached Egg: Fill a high-sided saute pan halfway up with water. Bring to a simmer. Crack eggs into separate small bowls or ramekins. Gently add the eggs to opposite corners of the pan. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cooked eggs that are still runny in the middle with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon lemon oil (recipe below) and add the spinach. Allow to saute until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
- To Serve: Brush the toasted English muffin halves with lemon oil, and top the muffin halves with spinach and a poached egg. Garnish with flaky sea salt. Serve with roasted tomatoes.
- Tip: Store the lemon oil in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal