Egg and Giardiniera Breakfast Sandwich
You will want to eat this Egg and Giardiniera sandwich for breakfast every day!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 small head of cauliflower (broken into small florets)
- 2 ribs celery (sliced on the bias)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled, julienned)
- 2 jalapenos (sliced into rings)
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup castelvetrano olives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 large eggs
- 4 Italian hero rolls/hoagie rolls (split, toasted)
- 2 cups beef stock (warmed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Giardiniera: Two days ahead of time, make the giardiniera. In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, celery, carrot, jalapeno, and salt, and toss to combine. Fill the bowl with water. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, drain the vegetables, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, add the vinegar, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and add the rinsed vegetables. Add the olives and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend. The next day, transfer to mason jars.
- For the Egg Sandwiches: Preheat a heavy bottomed nonstick saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Scramble the eggs and add 1/4 of the scramble to the pan at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the eggs are cooked through but have no color and roll the eggs into an omelet. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining eggs until you have 4 omelets total.
- Place each omelet on the toasted hoagie rolls and top with the giardiniera. Pour the beef stock over the sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Store the giardiniera in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
rate this recipe
Oven Smoked Lamb Ribs with Potato and Pea Salad
Banana Cream Pie
Spring Three Bean Salad
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)