So simple, but so tasty!
- step-by-step directions
For the Hollandaise:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- For the Poached Eggs:
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 large eggs
- 8 pieces Canadian bacon or thick-cut ham
- 4 English muffins (split and toasted)
- 1/4 cup chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
- hot sauce (to serve)
- For the Hollandaise: In a small saucepan keep the clarified butter warm.
- In the carafe of a blender, add the egg yolks and lemon juice and blend for 20 seconds on the lowest setting. With the blender running, drizzle in the clarified butter in a very thin stream. Once emulsified and combined, season with cayenne pepper and salt. Keep warm until ready to use.
- For the Poached Eggs: Fill a medium saucepan halfway up with water and bring to a simmer over medium heat and add the vinegar. Crack your eggs one at a time into a small bowl. Using a wooden spoon, create a whirlpool motion in the center of the pot of hot water. Carefully add the eggs into the hot water and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are runny, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon. Let excess water drain on a paper towel lined dish.
- To Assemble: In a saute pan, heat the Canadian bacon until warmed through.
- Butter both sides of the toasted English muffins. Top the bottom halves with a slice of Canadian bacon, followed by a poached egg. Spoon the warm hollandaise sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately with hot sauce.
- Tip: If the hollandaise separates because it gets too warm, add a little bit of cold water and whisk it into the sauce to save it!
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken