Spaghetti with Greens
Daphne Oz's Escarole Pasta
- 1 pound Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 3 cups Escarole (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flake
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Season generously with salt. Cook the pasta one minute less than the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic and chili flake and cook for 1 minute. Add the escarole, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Saute for 5 minutes, or until the greens are tender.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan. Add the cooked pasta.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Plate.