Bake this chicken up for a healthy alternative to fried.
Faux-Fried Chicken Strips with Side Salad
- Chicken Strips
- 1/2 cup Fiber One Original Bran Cereal
- 1 teaspoon Salt-Free Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup Egg Whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 6 ounces raw boneless skinless Chicken Breast; cut into 6 strips
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 1 cup Lettuce
- 1 cup Cucumber; Mushrooms; or other high-volume veggies
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar (Balsamic; Red Wine; White Wine; Rice; or Cider)
- 1 teaspoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with Nonstick Spray.
- In a small blender or food processor, grind Cereal into crumbs. (Or crush cereal with a meat mallet through a baggie). Transfer to a wide bowl, and mix in Seasoning Mix.
- Place Egg Whites or substitute in another wide bowl. One at a time, dunk Chicken Strips in Egg, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs. Evenly lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Flip Chicken. Bake until cooked through and crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Toss salad ingredients in another medium bowl. Serve with Chicken Strips and Mustard for dipping.