Not a fan of avocado? Try fava beans in your next guacamole!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups fava beans (shelled)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 small red onion (minced)
- 1 small jalapeno (minced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- blue corn chips (for serving)
- crudite (carrots, celery, radish, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Set up an ice water bath nearby. Shuck the fava beans and blanch in the boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and transfer to the ice bath to cool. Drain the beans again and peel off the tough skins.
- In a food processor, combine the blanched fava beans, lime juice, olive oil, cumin and Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Puree until smooth. Remove to a medium bowl and fold in the red onion, jalapeno. Adjust the seasoning and serve with blue corn chips and crudite.
- Tip: Make the fava guacamole ahead and store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator until ready to use!
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
Noodles with Cabbage and Onions
Make-Ahead Beef Bourguignon
Breakfast Carbonara Casserole
Sweet Potato Pierogies
Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees