Fennel and Peppercorn Spiced Chocolates
A tasty twist on your typical chocolate!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns (cracked)
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns (cracked)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 and 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus 1 tablespoon, melted)
- flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add the sugar and water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Stir in the cracked black and pink peppercorns and fennel seeds and cook until seeds have crystallized, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to prepared baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, finely chop the peppercorns and seeds and divide mixture in half. Set aside.
- For the Chocolates:
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1-2 inches of water to a boil. Place a large heatproof mixing bowl on top of the water, and add the chocolate to the bowl. Stir continuously until the chocolate has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a few flakes of flaky sea salt into the bottom of each ice cube mold.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the coconut oil. Add half of the candied peppercorn and seed mixture, stirring to combine. Carefully pour chocolate into a silicone ice cube tray, filling all 15 ice cube molds and transfer to the refrigerator to chill and harden completely, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, invert the ice cube tray and carefully pop the chocolates out of the mold. Garnish the top of each chocolate with the remaining peppercorn and seed mixture and more flaky sea salt if desired and serve!
- Tip: Stir the infused simple syrup into an iced tea for a sweet and spicy beverage!
rate this recipe
Grilled Greens Salad
Lightened Up Chickpea and Mushroom Meatball Platter
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Poblano Vinaigrette and Goat Cheese Cream
Not Your Mama's Pigs in a Blanket
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese