Fish En Papillote
Cooking your fish in a parchment pouch really seals in the moisture and flavor
- step-by-step directions
Fish En Papillote
- 2 ; 6 ounce pieces of Fluke or Cod
- 1 dozen Littleneck or Cherrystone Clams; cleaned
- 2 ounces Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter; softened
- 1 ounce Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 small Shallot; minced
- 2 inch piece fresh Ginger; peeled & micro planed
- 1/2 Orange; zest & juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Make the Butter: In a medium mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients listed under Compound Butter. Set aside.
- Fold two 24-inch lengths of parchment paper in half crosswise cut into a half-heart shape, and open. Place 1 piece of Fish on one half of each piece of parchment and season with Salt. Place 6 Clams around each piece of Fish then add about 2 tablespoons of the Compound Butter to each. Pour 1 ounce of White Wine in then fold the other half of parchment along the crease, covering the ingredients.
- Make small overlapping folds to seal the edges, starting at the top of the heart. Two inches from the end, twist the parchment twice, gently but firmly, to seal. The paper will puff during cooking, so make sure the seams are tightly sealed. Repeat process to make the second packet.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the Fish is cooked through and the Clams have opened. Remove from the oven, cut open and serve immediately!
**With the left over compound Butter, roll it in to logs in plastic wrap then freeze. Slice off pieces as you need it. **
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Other Fish Clams, Mussels, & Scallops Courses & Meals Dinner Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day Cuisine French
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette