Cooking your fish in a parchment pouch really seals in the moisture and flavor
Fish En Papillote
- 2 ; 6 ounce pieces of Fluke or Cod
- 1 dozen Littleneck or Cherrystone Clams; cleaned
- 2 ounces Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter; softened
- 1 ounce Dry White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 small Shallot; minced
- 2 inch piece fresh Ginger; peeled & micro planed
- 1/2 Orange; zest & juice
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Make the Butter: In a medium mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients listed under Compound Butter. Set aside.
- Fold two 24-inch lengths of parchment paper in half crosswise cut into a half-heart shape, and open. Place 1 piece of Fish on one half of each piece of parchment and season with Salt. Place 6 Clams around each piece of Fish then add about 2 tablespoons of the Compound Butter to each. Pour 1 ounce of White Wine in then fold the other half of parchment along the crease, covering the ingredients.
- Make small overlapping folds to seal the edges, starting at the top of the heart. Two inches from the end, twist the parchment twice, gently but firmly, to seal. The paper will puff during cooking, so make sure the seams are tightly sealed. Repeat process to make the second packet.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the Fish is cooked through and the Clams have opened. Remove from the oven, cut open and serve immediately!
**With the left over compound Butter, roll it in to logs in plastic wrap then freeze. Slice off pieces as you need it. **