Fresh Ricotta Cavatelli
The Ricotta elevates this pasta to a level boxed versions can't touch
- step-by-step directions
Fresh Ricotta Cavatelli
- Ricotta Cavatelli
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour; plus more for kneading (about 1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- 16 ounces Fresh Ricotta (strained)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 2 pint Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 4 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 cup Basil Leaves (lightly packed and torn; plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (plus more for garnish)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a stand mixer with the dough attachment, combine the Ricotta and Eggs. Pulse until combined. Add the Flour one cup at a time. Pulse until the dough begins to pull away from the sides. It will be wet.
- Remove from bowl and begin to knead with additional Flour for 10 minutes. Place in a well-oiled bowl and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature, or in the refrigerator overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 6 pieces, and roll the dough into ropes, about 1/4 inch in diameter. Cut the rope into 1/2 inch pieces. Using your thumb or the dull side of a butter knife, press on each piece of dough and pull across the length of it. Continue this until all your pasta dough is used. Transfer finished Cavatelli to a floured baking sheet. Allow to dry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Drop pasta, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until pasta floats to the surface. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water when draining.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of Olive Oil to coat the pan. Add Tomatoes, and cook until they burst, about 8-10 minutes. Add Garlic and cook until fragrant. Toss in cooked pasta with Basil and Cheese. Add reserved pasta water as needed to create sauce. Serve garnished with more Basil and freshly grated Cheese.
rate this recipe
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch