A decadent dessert that will have you going bananas
Fried Bananas with Chocolate-Hazelnut Sauce
- For the Batter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Half and half
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean (split and scraped) OR 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Whites
- For Fabio's Twist
- 1 whole Banana (sliced coin-wise)
- Flour (to dust bananas)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- For the Sauce
- 1 cup Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar (to garnish)
- Heat an inch of oil to 360°F.
- Whisk together the Yolks and Half and Half until thoroughly combined. Gently mix in the Flour followed by the Melted Butter, Sugar, Salt, and Vanilla, and set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the Egg Whites until loose peaks form.
- Gently fold the Egg Whites in to the Egg Yolk mixture until everything is fully combined but not deflated.
- Slice whole Banana into coins.
- In a glass bowl, pour in about an inch of batter.
- Place the Flour in a shallow dish, and dredge the Bananas in it, shaking off any excess. Using two forks to manipulate the Bananas, dredge the Bananas in the batter, let any excess drip off, and fry until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Drizzle with Hazelnut-Chocolate Sauce and garnish with Powdered Sugar. Serve warm.
- For Sauce:
- Heat Hazelnut chocolate Spread with Heavy Cream until it is a pour-able consistency.