Nothing is better than Fried Chicken!
- step-by-step directions
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4-5 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In large zip-top bag, add the chicken and pour in the buttermilk. Add the garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, pour enough oil to fill the skillet halfway up the sides. Heat the oil to 350ºF.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cayenne and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dredge in flour mixture until fully coated. Carefully place the coated chicken thighs into the preheated oil and cook until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a paper towed-lined plate and season with a bit more salt before serving.
- Tip: Feeling cheesy? Add some grated parmesan cheese to the flour mixture for an extra punch of flavor!
Cashew Chicken and Bok Choy
Mediterranean Potato Pancake
Speedy Huevos Rancheros
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes