Nothing is better than Fried Chicken!
- step-by-step directions
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4-5 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In large zip-top bag, add the chicken and pour in the buttermilk. Add the garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, pour enough oil to fill the skillet halfway up the sides. Heat the oil to 350ºF.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cayenne and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dredge in flour mixture until fully coated. Carefully place the coated chicken thighs into the preheated oil and cook until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a paper towed-lined plate and season with a bit more salt before serving.
- Tip: Feeling cheesy? Add some grated parmesan cheese to the flour mixture for an extra punch of flavor!
rate this recipe
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce
Hibiscus and Elderflower Mocktail
Pimm's Royale Punch
Royal Roast Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Pizza Spring Rolls
Steamed Artichokes with Brie Fondue