Nothing is better than Fried Chicken!
- step-by-step directions
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, smashed)
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4-5 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In large zip-top bag, add the chicken and pour in the buttermilk. Add the garlic, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, pour enough oil to fill the skillet halfway up the sides. Heat the oil to 350ºF.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cayenne and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dredge in flour mixture until fully coated. Carefully place the coated chicken thighs into the preheated oil and cook until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a paper towed-lined plate and season with a bit more salt before serving.
- Tip: Feeling cheesy? Add some grated parmesan cheese to the flour mixture for an extra punch of flavor!
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls
Puff Pastry Almond Twists
Apple Cider Sangria
Spatchcock Turkey with Stuffing
Sheet Pan Butternut Squash Soup
Spinach and Feta Puffs