This pizza is the perfect way to end a meal. Give it a try at your next get together.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 1/3 cup Confectioners' Sugar plus additional for dusting; if desired
- 2 pints fresh Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Orange; zested
- Kosher Salt
- 2 baked 6-inch Pizzas (without topping)
- Preheat the grill (or, alternatively, the oven to 350°F)
- In a large skillet, reduce the Red Wine by half over medium heat and whisk in the confectioners' sugar.
- When the mixture thickens slightly, gently stir in the Blackberries and simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the Ricotta in a separate bowl. Grate a little orange zest (about 1 teaspoon) over the Ricotta, add a pinch of salt and stir to blend.
- Spread an even layer of the ricotta on the pizzas and place on the grill to warm them. Alternatively, bake for 3 to 5 minutes in oven.
- Warm the blackberry mixture. (Note from the chef: If the blackberry liquid is thin, strain the blackberries out and reserve them. Reduce the liquid until thick and mix it back in with the blackberries).
- Top the pizzas with the fruit and serve immediately. Dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella