This pizza is the perfect way to end a meal. Give it a try at your next get together.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 1/3 cup Confectioners' Sugar plus additional for dusting; if desired
- 2 pints fresh Blackberries
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Orange; zested
- Kosher Salt
- 2 baked 6-inch Pizzas (without topping)
- Preheat the grill (or, alternatively, the oven to 350°F)
- In a large skillet, reduce the Red Wine by half over medium heat and whisk in the confectioners' sugar.
- When the mixture thickens slightly, gently stir in the Blackberries and simmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the Ricotta in a separate bowl. Grate a little orange zest (about 1 teaspoon) over the Ricotta, add a pinch of salt and stir to blend.
- Spread an even layer of the ricotta on the pizzas and place on the grill to warm them. Alternatively, bake for 3 to 5 minutes in oven.
- Warm the blackberry mixture. (Note from the chef: If the blackberry liquid is thin, strain the blackberries out and reserve them. Reduce the liquid until thick and mix it back in with the blackberries).
- Top the pizzas with the fruit and serve immediately. Dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired.