Gameday Nachos with Queso
These Gameday Nachos will have you scoring touchdowns with your guests!!
- step-by-step directions
Spicy Queso Dip:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion (peeled, finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded, finely diced)
- 2-3 jalapenos (finely diced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound yellow American cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese (shredded)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (peeled, minced)
- 1 serrano chili (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 recipe spicy queso dip
- 1 recipe guacamole
- 1 1/2 cups chili or leftover chili
- 3/4 cup store-bought salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for garnish)
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- For the Queso: Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and a generous pinch of salt, cooking until very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Add the cheese, stirring continuously, until melted, and season to taste.
- For the Guacamole: In a large bowl, add the avocado, lime juice, red onion, serrano chile, and cilantro, and mash with a fork to combine. The consistency should be relatively smooth with small lumps of avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Nachos: On a large platter, pile the chips, drizzle with queso and top with guacamole, chili, salsa, sour cream, jalapeno, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Tip: For a mild queso, remove the seeds of the jalapenos before mincing.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
Shrimp with Sherry Cream Sauce
Bone Broth Lentil Soup
Asian Chicken Meatball Sub
Nashville Hot Fish with Hushpuppies
Braised Pork Chilaquiles
Autumn Pinata Cake
Bundt Pan Lasagna
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Gremolata
Fall Harvest Hungarian Goulash
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Curried Yogurt and Scallions