Gameday Nachos with Queso
These Gameday Nachos will have you scoring touchdowns with your guests!!
- step-by-step directions
Spicy Queso Dip:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion (peeled, finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded, finely diced)
- 2-3 jalapenos (finely diced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound yellow American cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese (shredded)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 3 ripe avocados (peeled, pitted)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (peeled, minced)
- 1 serrano chili (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 recipe spicy queso dip
- 1 recipe guacamole
- 1 1/2 cups chili or leftover chili
- 3/4 cup store-bought salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for garnish)
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- For the Queso: Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and a generous pinch of salt, cooking until very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Add the cheese, stirring continuously, until melted, and season to taste.
- For the Guacamole: In a large bowl, add the avocado, lime juice, red onion, serrano chile, and cilantro, and mash with a fork to combine. The consistency should be relatively smooth with small lumps of avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Nachos: On a large platter, pile the chips, drizzle with queso and top with guacamole, chili, salsa, sour cream, jalapeno, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Tip: For a mild queso, remove the seeds of the jalapenos before mincing.
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie