German Potato Salad
Katherine Heigl's German Potato Salad is a hit!
- step-by-step directions
German Potato Salad:
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1 onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup beef broth (warmed)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 heads bibb lettuce (leaves only)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the German Potato Salad: In a large pot, fill three-quarters of the way full with water, and place potatoes, skin-on, into the water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool slightly. Peel and slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds. In a large bowl, add the potatoes and onion and gently fold to combine, being careful not to break up the potatoes.
- In medium bowl, add vinegar, olive oil, mustard, broth, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over the potato and onion mixture and toss to combine.
- For the Lettuce Salad: In a medium bowl, add lemon juice and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, continuously whisking until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, drizzle dressing around the rim of the bowl and toss lightly to coat.
- To Serve: Fill each bowl with the salad and place a generous scoop of the warm potato salad on top.
- Tip: To boil the potatoes, place them in cold water and bring to a boil for 10-15 minutes. Check for tenderness using a pairing knife or skewer.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal