German Potato Salad
Katherine Heigl's German Potato Salad is a hit!
- step-by-step directions
German Potato Salad:
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1 onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup beef broth (warmed)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 heads bibb lettuce (leaves only)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the German Potato Salad: In a large pot, fill three-quarters of the way full with water, and place potatoes, skin-on, into the water. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool slightly. Peel and slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds. In a large bowl, add the potatoes and onion and gently fold to combine, being careful not to break up the potatoes.
- In medium bowl, add vinegar, olive oil, mustard, broth, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over the potato and onion mixture and toss to combine.
- For the Lettuce Salad: In a medium bowl, add lemon juice and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, continuously whisking until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, drizzle dressing around the rim of the bowl and toss lightly to coat.
- To Serve: Fill each bowl with the salad and place a generous scoop of the warm potato salad on top.
- Tip: To boil the potatoes, place them in cold water and bring to a boil for 10-15 minutes. Check for tenderness using a pairing knife or skewer.
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper