Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Tasty and festive!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside until ready to use.
- For the Gingerbread Cookies: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the egg until fully incorporated. Add the molasses and mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Divide the dough into 2 disks, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch thick. Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on the prepared baking sheet 1-inch apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until almost crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, divide the filling evenly amongst half of the cookies and place a second cookie on top of the filling covered cookies. Chill. Serve.
- For the Filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, cardamom, lemon zest, juice and salt until fluffy.
Braised Chicken Thighs with Caramelized Onions and Egg Noodles
Easy Tiramisu Cake
Grilled Skirt Steak with Charred Tomatillo Salsa
Gluten Free Coconut Pancake
Chickpea and Lentil Curry Over Toasted Pita
Marinated Pork T-Bones
Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato Chip Topping
California Veggie Burger
Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Apple Cider Donuts
Spiced Turkey Meatloaf
Kielbasa with Beer and Onions