Gluten free meatballs that taste just as delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, grated)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup store-bought, gluten-free marinara sauce (warmed, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the oats and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Remove oats to a medium bowl and cover with milk. Add the egg, salt, garlic, parsley, basil and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, ground pork and combine thoroughly with hands. Add the oat mixture to the meat mixture and incorporate thoroughly.
- Using a 1 and 1/2-inch scoop, form meatballs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Serve with warmed store-bought tomato sauce.
- Tip: Make a large batch at one time and freeze to have meatballs on hand for any occasion!
rate this recipe
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers