Gluten free meatballs that taste just as delicious!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, grated)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil (leaves only, finely chopped)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup store-bought, gluten-free marinara sauce (warmed, for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the oats and pulse briefly until roughly chopped. Remove oats to a medium bowl and cover with milk. Add the egg, salt, garlic, parsley, basil and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, ground pork and combine thoroughly with hands. Add the oat mixture to the meat mixture and incorporate thoroughly.
- Using a 1 and 1/2-inch scoop, form meatballs and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Serve with warmed store-bought tomato sauce.
- Tip: Make a large batch at one time and freeze to have meatballs on hand for any occasion!
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie