You can't miss this new spin on an Italian classic!
Goat Cheese Fettuccine
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Red Onion (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Leek (thinly sliced & rinsed)
- 3 Scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch Chives (chopped)
- 1/2 pound Aged Raw Goat Cheese (preferably domestic)
- 1/3 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano (freshly grated)
- 3 tablespoons Grappa (to flambé)
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Fettuccine
- Chive Blossoms (to garnish)
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat a few tablespoons of Oil and Butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Onions and Leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Toss in the Scallions and Chives and cook for 2 more minutes, seasoning with Salt and Pepper.
- Bring a large pot of Salted Water to a boil. Cook Pasta for 2-3 minutes, or 1 minute short of package instructions. Drain and reserve Pasta Water.
- Add a few ounces of Pasta Water and stir to create a light sauce.
- If making in a Cheese Wheel, pour Grappa over the Cheese and ignite to melt Cheese. Add the Onion mixture and Pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle in Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss to create a Cheesy Sauce.
- If building in a pan, add the Grappa to the Onion Mixture and ignite. Once flames subside, add the cooked Pasta, sprinkle in both Cheeses and toss to coat.
- Serve warm with garnish of Chive Blossom and Cheese.
Similar categories: Dinner