Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day the right way!
- step-by-step directions
For the Crepes:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, plus more for brushing)
For the Tomatillo Salsa:
- 3/4 pound tomatillos (husked, rinsed and quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 serrano pepper (stemmed)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 orange (zested and juiced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 Crepes
- 8 slices black forest ham
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Tomatillo Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the Crepes:
- In a blender combine the flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs and butter. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Lightly butter the pan then add 1/3 cup of batter and swirl to evenly cover the bottom. Let cook 2-3 minutes until lightly golden and flip the crepe to cook an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- For the Tomatillo Salsa:
- To the carafe of a blender, add the tomatillos, garlic, serrano, lime juice, cilantro, orange zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until almost smooth but leave a little texture. Set aside until ready to use.
- To Assemble: Add the crepes one at a time to the baking sheet in a single layer. To each crepe, place two slices of ham. Add one egg into the center of each crepe and drizzle with 2 tablespoons tomatillo salsa. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold the edges towards the center creating an enclosed pocket and leaving a little of the egg and ham showing.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny about, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with additional tomatillo salsa.
rate this recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Greek Pasta Salad
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese