With tender meat and a hint of spice, this one-pot wonder makes a satisfying and healthy family dinner.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Chili:
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Boneless Pork Shoulder (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 minced Garlic cloves
- 2 Chipotle Chiles (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fine White Corn Meal
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes (finely chopped with juices)
- 1 15- ounce can Hominy
- 2 cups Hatch Green Chiles (roasted; peeled; chopped)
- 3 chopped Fresh Jalapenos
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- For the Garnish:
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (leaves picked)
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped White Onion
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- For the Chili: Heat the olive oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven with cover.
- Add the pork in small batches, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned, and then remove from the pan.
- Add onion, garlic and chipotle chiles and stir to combine. Add the fine corn meal, and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Once combined, add the tomatoes, hominy, green chiles, and jalapeños, mixing to incorporate the ingredients.
- When combined, add the chicken stock, and then the cooked pork meat. Lower the heat, and cover the pot so that the mixture simmers for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- For the Garnish: Garnish with cilantro, lime, and finely chopped white onion. Serve with fresh corn tortillas.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw