Nothing says YUM like spicy chicken with a cooling side salad!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken with Crunchy Celery Salad
- 1 whole Chicken (cut in 8 pieces)
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Hot Sauce + 1 Cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 6 Ribs Celery (leaves included, thinly sliced)
- 1 Cucumber (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 ounces Maytag Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Combine 1 cup Hot Sauce and the Chicken in a zip top bag. Evenly coat the pieces, and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- In a sauce pot, combine the Hot Sauce and Butter over medium heat. Stir together until completely combined. Pour half of the Hot Sauce into a large bowl.
- Remove the Chicken from the Hot Sauce, and season on both sides with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper.
- Arrange the Chicken on the grill, and cook for 15 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Once the Chicken has been flipped, begin to baste with the Buffalo Sauce. Remove Chicken pieces to the large bowl with sauce as they finish cooking. Once all of the Chicken is finished, toss the Chicken pieces in the sauce.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar to taste, and season with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Add the Blue Cheese and toss.
- Serve Chicken accompanied by the Crunchy Celery Salad.