Michael grills up a meal fit for a king!
Grilled Chicken with Kielbasa and Clams
- 1 whole Chicken; split in half (backbone removed; then cut in half)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 4 Links Smoked Kielbasa
- 2 pounds Littleneck Clams; cleaned
- 3 Cloves Garlic; smashed
- small bundle Thyme; plus more to garnish
- 2 Ears Corn; cut in to wheels (about 4 per Ear)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 IPA Beer
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Season your Chicken really well with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Whisk together the Mustard and Smoked Paprika, then rub on to the skin side of the Chicken. Next drizzle it with a good amount of Olive Oil and set aside.
- Double to triple up a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and place the remaining ingredients inside, pouring the Beer in after you’ve brought up the sides. Season with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper then seal up the foil packet.
- When your grill is hot, place the Chicken on, skin side down. Put the lid down and cook without touching or moving for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the Chicken, followed by the foil packet right alongside the Chicken, and put the lid back down. Continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the Chicken is cooked through and Clams have opened, then remove to a platter to rest for 10 minutes. Remove to a plate or platter and serve with the Chicken garnished with fresh Thyme.