Grilled Chicken with Mango BBQ Sauce
Rashad Jennings is a winner on the field and in the kitchen!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 pound chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1 pound chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Mango BBQ Sauce:
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers (small dice)
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers (small dice)
- 1/4 cup red onion (small dice)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (peeled, minced)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (peeled, grated)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup mango (peeled, pitted, small dice)
- 2 ounces habanero (seeded, small dice, about 5 peppers)
- 1 cup mango puree
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup water (warmed)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chiffonade)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- For Grilled Chicken: Season chicken breasts and thighs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place chicken on the grill, skin side down and close the lid, cooking until charred, about 6 to 8 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 165ºF. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Hold in a 200ºF oven until ready to serve.
- For Mango BBQ Sauce: In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the green and red bell peppers, red onion, garlic, and ginger to the pan and saute until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the brown sugar, cumin and coriander and stir to combine.
- Add the orange juice and red wine vinegar to the pan and reduce by 1/3, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mango, habanero, and mango puree and allow to simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir the together the arrowroot flour and warmed water. Add the mixture to the saucepan, stirring to combine, and allow to thicken for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- To Assemble: Brush the grilled chicken with the BBQ sauce and slice. Drizzle more BBQ sauce on top of the sliced chicken and serve.
Pomegranate Ginger Soda with Mint
Pork and Shrimp Dumplings
Stuffed Pork Rack with Kielbasa and Cabbage
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket