Steamed clams married with chorizo and jalapenos are sure to be a hit at your next pool party
Grilled Clams with Chorizo
- 2 pounds Little Neck or Cherrystone Clams (cleaned)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil (for drizzling)
- 1/2 pound Dried or Smoked Chorizo (slice into 1/4" thick pieces)
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced)
- 4 Garlic cloves (sliced)
- 12 ounces White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Parsley Leaves (roughly chopped)
- good crusty Bread (for grilling)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lay out 4 large pieces of foil, doubled up. On each piece of foil, place 1/2 pound Clams, some sliced Chorizo, Tomatoes, some Jalapeno (more or less to taste,) a clove's worth of Garlic, 3 ounces White Wine, 1/2 tablespoon Butter and a good drizzle of Olive Oil. Season well with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Seal the packages by bringing up all 4 corners then crimping and sealing together.
- Place all of the packets on the grill with the lid down for 8-10 minutes, or until all of the Clams have opened. Drizzle your Bread with Olive Oil and place it on the grill until it’s heavily marked then set aside. Tear open the packets and serve with the grilled Bread!
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Clams, Mussels, & Scallops Courses & Meals Dinner Lunch Techniques BBQ & Grilling Grilled Seafood