Michael's BBQ side is one not to miss!
Grilled Corn Salad
- 4 Ears of Corn
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 Jalapeño (seeds and ribs removed; minced)
- 3 Limes (Zest and Juice)
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 6 Scallions (white and green parts; thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Soak the Ears of Corn in their husks overnight in Salted Water.
- Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-low.
- Put the soaked Ears, still in their husks, on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Garlic, Jalapeño, and a large pinch of Salt. Add the Lime Zest and Juice and whisk in the Olive Oil. Add the Avocado, Tomatoes, Scallions and Cilantro and gently toss.
- Remove the Corn from the grill and let it cool enough so that you can handle it. Peel off and discard the husks. Working over the salad bowl to catch any juices, cut the kernels from the cobs and then add them to the salad. Toss to combine and taste and adjust for seasoning. You may need to add some additional Salt.