Prepare the perfect side dish for your next BBQ!
Grilled Escarole with White Beans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Garlic Cloves; thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 large Escarole; quartered lengthwise through the core
- 3 - 14 ounce cans Cannellini Beans; drained and rinsed
- Salt and Freshly Ground Peppper
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley; coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the Olive Oil with the Garlic and cook over medium heat until the Garlic is light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the Beans and cook until heated through. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in the Lemon Juice and Parsley, then season with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brush the Escarole with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, season with Salt and Pepper and grill, turning once, until the leaves are wilted and slightly charred. Transfer to a platter.
- Spoon the Beans over the Escarole and serve warm or at room temperature.