Prepare the perfect side dish for your next BBQ!
Grilled Escarole with White Beans
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large escarole (quartered lengthwise through the core)
- 3 - 14 ounce cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- salt and freshly bround black peppper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (coarsely chopped)
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the Olive Oil with the Garlic and cook over medium heat until the Garlic is light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the Beans and cook until heated through. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in the Lemon Juice and Parsley, then season with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Brush the Escarole with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil, season with Salt and Pepper and grill, turning once, until the leaves are wilted and slightly charred. Transfer to a platter.
- Spoon the Beans over the Escarole and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Spoon the beans over the escarole and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serve alongside Mario's Jalapeno Pesto Braciole.
- Helpful Tips:
1. The garlic flavor plays off the bitterness of the escarole.