Fresh, healthy and delicious!
Daphne Oz's Grilled Halibut with Avocado Relish
- 1 1/2 pounds Halibut filet (divided into 6 ounces portions)
- 1-2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 avocado (diced)
- 1/2 cup cashews (toasted and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and small diced)
- 1 large shallot (small diced)
- 1 juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt plus extra for seasoning
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Heat grill over high heat. Combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil with cumin and 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper to taste. Rub the halibut fillets generously with the paste. Brush the grill of all debris, and once smoking hot, carefully place fish on the grill. Cook 3-5 minutes per side. If desired, create hash marks by rotating the fish 90 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the avocado, cashews, jalapeno and shallot, dress with the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the halibut with the avocado-cashew relish.