Nothing is better for your next party than a platter of shrimp and grilled pineapple
Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple
- 1 pound Shrimp (cleaned; deveined; tails on)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Coriander (ground)
- 1 tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (in liquid state)
- 1 Pineapple (cut in chunks)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 Orange (juiced)
- 4 Scallions (sliced)
- Juice of 2 - 3 Limes
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together a pinch of Salt, a few cracks of Freshly Ground Pepper, Coriander, Red Pepper Flakes, Sesame Oil, and Coconut Oil. Add the Shrimp and toss to coat. Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- In a large bowl, toss the Pineapple with the Honey, Orange Juice, and small pinch of Salt. Thread the Pineapple onto skewers. Grill the Pineapple for 3 to 4 minutes, or until caramelized and lightly charred. Be careful as it will burn easily.
- Grill the Shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until just opaque.
- Remove to a platter and sprinkle with Scallions and freshly squeezed Lime Juice. Serve.