Fondue isn't just a giant bowl of hot cheese, it can also be poured over your favorite sandwich for an amazing meal!
Grilled Steak & Fondue Sandwich
- 2 pounds Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons Porcini Mushroom Powder (Dried Porcini finely ground)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (smashed into paste)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Baby Arugula
- 2 cups Frisee Lettuce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan Fondue
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3/4 cup Grated Fontina Cheese
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- Season the Steak liberally with Salt. Stir together Porcini Powder, Garlic, Chili Flakes and season with Salt & Pepper. Drizzle in enough Oil to form a loose paste. Rub on both sides of the Steak and place in a re-sealable bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for a least one hour and up to overnight.
- Remove Steak from refrigerator 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat a grill to medium-high (about 400°F).
- Place the Steak on the grill and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes or until charred and cook through more than halfway. Flip and continue to cook for 6-8 minutes until charred. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, slice open the Baguette and place on the grill, cut side down, to toast lightly.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Arugula and Frisee with a few tablespoons of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Season with Salt to taste.
- Slice the Steak and place on the Baguette. Drizzle on the fondue and top with the dressed. Cut into sandwiches and serve warm or room temperature.
- For Fondue:
- Heat the Cream over a double boiler. Stir in the Cheese until melted. Season with Nutmeg and Salt. Keep warm until ready to serve.