Grilled Steak with Vegetable Salad
Curtis Stone's Grilled Tri-Tip with Green Bean and Red Onion
- 1 2- pound Tri-Tip Steak (about 2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (preferably aged)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Shallots
- 1 Garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 large Red Onion (sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds)
- 1 pound Green Beans (trimmed)
- 3 ounces soft fresh Goat Cheese
- Remove the tri-tip from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature while the grill is heating. Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high cooking over direct heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes together. Gradually whisk in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Coat the tri-tip with 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tri-tip, turning halfway through cooking, for about 12 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the beef reads 120F for medium-rare (the tri-tip will continue to cook as it rests). Transfer to a cutting board and let stand while you grill the onions and green beans.
- Coat the onion rounds and green beans with 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil. Transfer the beans and onions to the grill and cook for about 2 minutes, or until lightly charred and crisp-tender. Transfer to the bowl with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Divide the green bean mixture among four dinner plates and coarsely crumble the goat cheese over the vegetables. Thinly slice the tri-tip across the grain. Divide the slices among the dinner plates, drizzle with the carving juices, and serve.
Similar categories: Dinner