The only problem you'll have with this dish is deciding if it should be a main or side dish!
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- 2 Zucchini (cut in spears)
- 4 Scallions (roots and green ends trimmed)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (cut in wide slices)
- 1 pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Dry Quinoa (cooked to package instructions)
- 1/4 cup Basil Leaves (torn)
- 2 tablespoons Mint Leaves (torn)
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds (toasted)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Brush the Lemon with Olive Oil and grill for 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred.
- Toss or brush the Zucchini, Scallions, Red Bell Pepper lightly with Olive Oil and season with Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side, until lightly charred but still al dente.
- Toss the Tomatoes in a bowl with a tablespoon of Olive Oil, a pinch of Salt, and Freshly Ground Pepper. Place a piece of foil on the counter, transfer the Tomatoes to the foil, and fold up into a packet. Place on the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the Tomatoes have lightly charred and broken down.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the Juice from the charred Lemon in a small bowl, add the Dijon, a pinch of Salt, a few cracks of Freshly Ground Pepper, and whisk in 1/4 cup Olive Oil.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. Chop all of the vegetables with bite-sized pieces. Combine the vegetables, Tomatoes and their Juices, and cooked Quinoa in a serving bowl. Toss with the Vinaigrette and then fold in the herbs and Almonds. Adjust seasoning to taste with more Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper if needed. Serve warm or room temperature.