Cinnamon toast isn't just for breakfast, Carla shows you that it can be transformed into an amazing dessert too!
Grilled Watermelon Salad & Cinnamon Toast
- 1/2 small watermelons (rind removed; cut into 1 inch thick sticks)
- 1/2 pint strawberries (quartered)
- 1 cup basil leaves (loosely packed; thinly sliced)
- 2 limes (zest & juice)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cinnamon Toast
- 1 peasant loaf (1 inch thick slices)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat a grill to medium-low.
- Place the cut Watermelon on an oiled grill and allow to cook for 2 minutes per side or until slightly charred. Remove from grill and cut into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Add the Strawberries, Lime Juice and Zest to the bowl and toss to combine. Fold in the Basil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Yogurt and Honey.
- Top the salad with a dollop of Honey Yogurt and serve with slices of grilled Cinnamon Toast on the side.
- For Grilled Cinnamon Toast: whip together the softened Butter, Sugar and Cinnamon until evenly combined. Spread the Butter on both sides of the Toast .
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side until light golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Helpful Tips:
- Add cinnamon and sugar to taste.
- The residual heat of the grill is perfect for making this dessert.