Why have boring old oatmeal when you can have this amazing amped up version for your next breakfast!
Growing Oatmeal B-fast
- 1/2 cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 No-Calorie Sweetener Packet
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- dash Salt
- 3/4 cup Fat-Free Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup canned Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Raspberries and/or Blackberries
- 1/4 ounce Almonds or Pistachios (about 6 Almonds or 12 Pistachios)
- Side: 2 large Hard-Boiled Egg Whites
- In a nonstick pot, combine all Oatmeal ingredients except Pumpkin, Berries, Nuts, and Eggs. Mix in 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add Pumpkin and cook and stir until thick and creamy, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let slightly cool and thicken.
- Top with Berries and Buts, or have 'em on the side with your Egg Whites!