This hearty vegetarian dish is both healthy and satisfying.
Healthy Vegetarian Reisfleisch
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 1/2 cups Celery
- 1 1/2 cups Carrot
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Long-grain Brown Rice
- 2 1/4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas
- 1 1/2 cups Small Broccoli Florets
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley Leaves (chopped; for serving)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Green Beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Set the pressure cooker timer to 10 minutes & preheat for 5 minutes.
- In the pressure cooker pot, melt the Butter & cook until it starts to turn a light nut-brown color. Immediately add the Bell Pepper, Onion, Celery, Carrot, & Garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, until the vegetables turn glossy & begin to soften slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Rice, Stock, Lemon Juice, Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes (if using), salt & pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Secure the lid on the pressure cooker & seal the steam vent. Reset the timer to 12 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, open the steam vent to release any remaining pressure. Uncover the pressure cooker, add frozen Peas, Broccoli, Green Beans, and Asparagus & fluff the rice lightly with a fork to distribute vegetables through the rice.
- Re-secure the lid & leave for 3 minutes to allow the vegetables to heat through.
- Scoop the Reisfleisch into bowls or onto serving plates & garnish with the Parsley.