Don't worry about the calories, this tenderloin with minted sauce will not have you worrying about your waistline
Herbed Pork Tenderloin with Minted Yogurt Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin
- 24 ounce Pork Tenderloin; trimmed of excess fat (about 2 medium size tenderloins)
- 2 tablespoons Oregano; fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Orange Zest
- 3 cloves Garlic; smashed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large zippered plastic bag
- Kosher Salt (to taste; before roasting)
- Pepper (to taste; before roasting)
- Minted Yogurt Sauce
- 8 ounces Greek Yogurt; fat free
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Mint
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- pinch of Black Pepper
- Charred Lemon Garnish
- 3 lemons; cut in half
- In a large zippered plastic bag, mix the Oregano, Thyme, Zest, Garlic and Olive Oil. Place the Pork Tenderloins inside the bag, coating them evenly. Place bag onto a cookie sheet, then store in refrigerator anywhere from 2 to 24 hours.
- Searing the Pork Tenderloin – done the day before or day of
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Preheat a large non-stick, oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat. Remove the Tenderloin from the zippered bag and place on a cookie sheet, allowing excess marinade to drip away. Season all sides of the tenderloin(s) with Salt and Pepper. With tongs, place the Tenderloins into the sauté pan and sear on two sides (about 2 minutes per side). Allow Pork to cool on a cookie sheet, then wrap and store in refrigerator.
- Roasting the Pork Tenderloin - day off / 30 minutes prior to dinner
When you are 30 minutes from sitting down for dinner with guests, you can place the cookie sheet with the refrigerated Pork Tenderloins into a pre-heated, 400 degree oven for 20-23 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees. Transfer the Pork to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into ¾” oval pieces. Allow 3-4 pieces per serving.
Making the Minted Yogurt
Mix the Yogurt, Mint, Dill, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper in a bowl.
- Garnish: Charred Lemon Garnish – done the day before
Preheat a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Place the cut side of the Lemon down into the center of the dry pan for 30-45 seconds. The lemon should caramelized.