Herby Citrus Halibut on a Plank
A quick and easy meatless option!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chives (sliced)
- 1/4 cup tarragon (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dill (chopped)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
- coriander (toasted, roughly ground, to taste)
- 4 halibut filets (center cut, skin removed)
- 4 cedar planks (soaked in water for an hour)
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1 head radicchio (leaves only)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Herb Dressing
- Kosher salt and Fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- For the Marinade/Vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, parsley, chives, tarragon, and dill. Whisk in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup of the lemon herb marinade for a vinaigrette for the salad. Use the remaining to marinate the halibut.
- For the Halibut: Preheat grill to medium high heat (400 degrees). Season the halibut fillets with coriander, salt and pepper. Marinate the halibut in a baking dish for 20 minutes prior to grilling (recipe below). Blot the cedar planks with a kitchen towel to remove any excess water. Remove the halibut from the marinade and place on the soaked cedar planks. Place planks on grill and cover with the lid. Cook for 10 minutes, until fish is opaque and cooked through.
- For the Salad: In a large bowl, add the bibb lettuce and radicchio. Toss with the remaining vinaigrette and serve with the halibut.
- Tip: Vinaigrettes make the perfect marinade for chicken, fish, pork or beef! Store the vinaigrette in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
Noodles with Cabbage and Onions
Make-Ahead Beef Bourguignon