Shrimp Cocktail Dip
Mario and Michael's Cocktail Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced finely)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 28- ounce can whole San Marzano Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Fresno Chili (finely chopped)
- 1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Horseradish
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Chives
- In a medium sized sauce pot over medium high heat, add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, and a large pinch of salt. Stir to coat in the olive oil. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent. Add the sherry vinegar and reduce until almost completely evaporated.
- Crush the tomatoes with your hands, breaking up the tomatoes into small bits. (Though you can add whole tomatoes to the pot, we suggest crushing them first.) Season with salt and pepper. Carefully add the tomatoes to the pot and then stir in the brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for about 20 minutes at a simmer, or until the tomatoes have reduced by about a third. Take the pot off the heat and let cool.
- Stir in the chili, lemon juice and zest, and the grated horseradish. Add the hot sauce, if desired. Then adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl to serve and garnish with the chopped chives.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks