A touch of hot sauce puts this creamy shrimp and grits combo over the edge.
Ocracoke Shrimp and Grits
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1 large Vidalia Onion
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Grits
- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup Asiago Cheese
- 1 pound Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Hot Sauce and parsley for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, add butter, onion and pepper and cook until softened. Add the garlic and continue cooking over medium heat a few minutes longer. Add five cups of water and the grits. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the cheeses and the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turns pink, about five to six minutes. Garnish with the hot sauce and parsley.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Lunch Breakfast & Brunch Holidays & Occasions Christmas