Make this popular snack today.
- 12 ounce Dark chocolate chips
- 5 regular sized candy canes (crushed up and peppermint candies)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Break up peppermint candy into little pieces. Melt the chocolate according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once melted, add the peppermint extract and stir.
- Pour the melted chocolate out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and spread out with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the peppermint candy chunks on to the chocolate and gently press them in with yours hands.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until hardened. Break into pieces and serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container. NOTE: For a different kind of bark try using slivered almonds with almond extract or orange zest with orange extract.