One of Chef Josh Capon's favorite meals!
Brisket with Pomegranate Seeds
- 5-7 pound Brisket
- 4 cups Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- 2 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 2 Carrots
- 2 White Onions
- 5 Ribs Celery
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Grape Preserves
- 1 Bunch Fresh Thyme
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Season brisket with kosher salt and pepper and sear on all sides in a hot pan.
- Remove brisket and put all vegetables and garlic in roasting pan and caramelize.
- Deglaze with wine and pomegranate juice.
- Add the grape preserves, fresh thyme, half the seeds, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover with aluminum foil and put in a 300 degree oven for 2- 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool in braising liquid.
- Remove meat, strain sauce and simmer and skim.
- Slice against the grain and serve with horseradish whipped potatoes and charred Brussels sprouts and baby carrots, and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.