Try this tasty side dish!
Mario Batali's Waxy Potatoes in Chianti Vinegar
- 2 pound Small waxy potatoes (such as Yukon Gold or Ruby Crescent)
- 3/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Celery Seeds
- 6 Scallions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Chianti Vinegar or other good red wine vinegar
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to a boil, and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- While the potatoes cook, preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Cut the potatoes into 3 to 4 slices each.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the olive oil, the celery seeds, and one-third of the scallions in a large bowl. Toss in the potatoes and turn or stir gently to coat.
- Thread the potatoes onto 12 skewers (the easiest way to do this is line up 5 or so potato slices at a time, cut side down, on a work surface, then run a skewer through them). Place on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until the potatoes are lightly browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, the remaining scallions, and salt and pepper to taste. Slide the potatoes off the skewers into the mustard mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.