Champagne Pork Roast
Celebrate New Year's Eve with this tasty meal!
- step-by-step directions
Champagne Pork Roast
- 1 6- pound Bone-in Pork Loin Roast
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Blended Oil
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (hot)
- 1 Red Cabbage (cored and sliced)
- 3 Red Onions (sliced)
- 2 Fresno Chiles (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 2 tablespoons Caraway Seeds (toasted)
- 1 New Mexican Chile (toasted to release oils)
- Juice of 4 Oranges
- 1 bottle Champagne (semi-chilled)
- 2 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- Splash Sherry Vinegar
- Zest of 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (leaves picked) for garnish2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season 1 bone-in pork loin roast generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides. If possible, let it sit overnight and bring to room temperature prior to cooking.
- In a large roasting pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add cabbage, onions, Fresnos, toasted caraway seeds, dried chile, salt, chicken stock and orange juice. Top vegetables with pork roast.
- Leave uncovered and place into the oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer reads between 140 to 145 degrees F internal temperature.
- When ready, remove the pork from the oven and place onto the stovetop or heatproof surface. Remove pork from pan and set aside. Add mustard, orange zest and vinegar to cabbage mixture and stir to combine. Return pork to pan. Lean the pork again the side of the pan. Place the semi-chilled champagne bottle into the pan and take the cage off the top. You can let the top pop on its own or loosen it slowly with a kitchen towel. Allow some of the champagne, about 2 cups, to spill into the pot.
- Remove the pork from the pan and allow to rest briefly on a cutting board. Taste and season with salt. Stir in the mustard and the sherry vinegar. Remove the pork loin from the bone and slice. Place the cabbage onto a family-style platter. Fan the pork slices around the cabbage. Carve between the bones and add the bones to the platter. Garnish with cilantro leaves and spoon the pan sauce around the pork.
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal