The meal of Christmas future!
Michael Symon's Porchetta
- 1 boneless fresh ham skin on (about 10-12 pounds)
- 1/2 pound chopped pancetta
- 10 garlic cloves (minced)
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Zest of one orange
- 4 sprigs rosemary stripped and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsely
- 2 tablespoons red chile flake
- 2 tablespoons rinsed capers (chopped)
- 2 tablepsoons kosher salt
- Place pancetta in a food processor and pulse until you form a paste. Thoroughly mix pancetta with remaining ingredients.
- Lay the fresh ham on a cutting board flesh side up and score with a knife from every inch or so. Rub flesh with pancetta paste making sure to get it into the slashes where you scored. Flip ham over and crosshatch the skin. Roll ham up and tie with butcher twine. Season skin liberally with salt.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees and roast for 2 hours. Turn heat up to 400 and bake for another 1 1/2 hours or until skin is crisp and internal temperature is 170.
- Let rest for 30 minutes and slice thin and serve with some greens. Don’t worry if you have a bunch of leftovers, porchetta makes great sandwiches and will hold in your fridge for a couple of days.