The perfect holiday treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1 cup dried figs (finely chopped)
- powder sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put almonds on baking sheet and toast in oven fro 10 minutes. Once cooled finely chop almonds.
- In a mixing bowl combine honey, orange zest, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Add chopped nuts, apricots and figs and stir until everything is well combined.
- With a spoon begin making balls out of the mixture (should be teaspoon sized). Roll each ball in powdered sugar and then place in an airtight container lined with wax paper. These can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator until needed.
rate this recipe
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Crepe
Bologna Fried Rice
Kal's Spicy Salsa
Roasted Portobello Tacos with Cabbage Slaw and Smashed Avocado
Cheddar Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Carrot Cake Poppers