The perfect holiday treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1 cup dried figs (finely chopped)
- powder sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put almonds on baking sheet and toast in oven fro 10 minutes. Once cooled finely chop almonds.
- In a mixing bowl combine honey, orange zest, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Add chopped nuts, apricots and figs and stir until everything is well combined.
- With a spoon begin making balls out of the mixture (should be teaspoon sized). Roll each ball in powdered sugar and then place in an airtight container lined with wax paper. These can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator until needed.
The Garibaldi Wallbanger
Banana Cream Wedding Cake
Lobster Roll and Quick-Pickled Cucumber Salad
Swiss Chard and Ricotta Bruschetta
Spaghetti with Ramps and Pecorino
Black-Eyed Peas and Pimento Cheese Nachos
Pork with Gingered Plums
Spicy Fried Shrimp
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Blackberry Ricotta Pizza
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Peanut Brittle