The perfect holiday treat!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried apricots (finely chopped)
- 1 cup dried figs (finely chopped)
- powder sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put almonds on baking sheet and toast in oven fro 10 minutes. Once cooled finely chop almonds.
- In a mixing bowl combine honey, orange zest, lemon zest, and cinnamon. Add chopped nuts, apricots and figs and stir until everything is well combined.
- With a spoon begin making balls out of the mixture (should be teaspoon sized). Roll each ball in powdered sugar and then place in an airtight container lined with wax paper. These can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator until needed.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella