Honey Coconut Cake
You'll have to make seconds, because this cake is going to go fast!
- step-by-step directions
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans (toasted, chopped)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (toasted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8X8-inch square cake pan with coconut oil and line with parchment, leaving 1-inch of overhang on both sides for easy removal.
- For the Honey Syrup: In a small pot, over medium-high heat add honey, water and salt. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the pecans and coconut. Set aside.
- For the Cake: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, honey, buttermilk, coconut milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, nutmeg and salt. Using a spatula, add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Stir until all the flour is incorporated and the batter is smooth. Bake until golden brown and until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Pour honey syrup over the cake and allow to soak for 10 minutes. Slice and serve!
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter
Strawberry Linzer Cheesecake
Ricotta Gnudi with Brown Butter and Sage
BBQ Pork Dumplings
Spicy Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs with Shaved Carrot Salad
Kandi's Creamed Corn
Classic German Chocolate Cake
Almond Braised Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts