This hot meets cold delight is like an 'affogato' for young palates.
Hot Chocolate and Ice Cream Floats by Curtis Stone
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Milk
- 1/3 cup Almond Liqueur
- 2 tablesoons Sugar
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 pint Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream
- In a medium heavy saucepan, combine the milk, almond liqueur and sugar and bring to a near simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- While the milk is heating, place the chopped chocolate in a metal bowl and set the bowl over the saucepan of milk, stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Check every now and then to make sure the milk is not simmering.
- Whisk the melted chocolate into the hot milk mixture and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Place one scoop of ice cream in each of four bowls. Pour the hot chocolate mixture over the ice cream and top with the whipped cream. Serve immediately with spoons.