You won't want to miss eating this cousin of the jalapeno popper with a cold beer next time you sit down to the game!
Jalapeno Hot Dog Poppers
- 12 Jalapenos (hollowed out)
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3 Hot Dogs (chopped)
- 1 Lime (zested)
- 1/4 Cup Pickle Relish
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Cups Wondra Flour
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Potato Chips
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Beer
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
Frying and Serving
- Cornstarch (to dredge)
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Cilantro Leaves (to garnish)
- Lime Zest (to garnish)
- Preheat oil to 360°F.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Whisk together the Wondra Flour, Potato Chips, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cornstarch, and Salt.
- Whisk together the Eggs, Beer, and Milk. Add the wet into the dry and mix until a batter forms. Let it rest while you fill the Jalapenos.
- Fill each of the Jalapenos with some of the filling, being generous but not to overstuff. Pierce with a toothpick to keep the shape. Grill for a minute per side, just until it begins to lightly char.
- Dust the Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos in Cornstarch and then dip into the Batter. Carefully remove from the batter, shake off the excess, and then fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle immediately with Salt.
- Sprinkle Lime Zest and Cilantro over the poppers and serve warm with Ketchup and Mustard.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Spicy Appetizers Cheese Appetizers