Layer the Capicola and pork shoulder for a delicious crowd pleasing Italian dish!
Jalapeno Pesto Braciole
- Jalapeno Pesto
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers; cored and seeded
- 5 Serrano Chilies; cored and seeded
- 1/2 medium Red Onion; finely diced
- 1/2 cup sliced Blanched Almonds
- zest of 1 Orange
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt; to taste
- For the Bracioles
- 1 1/2 pounds Pork Shoulder; sliced thinly and pounded out to an even thickness
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 ounces Capicola Ham; thin slices
- Escarole; chopped
- Olive Oil
- For the Jalapeno Pesto, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until nearly smooth. Season with salt.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Assemble the Bracioles by laying a piece of the Pork Shoulder out on a cutting board and seasoning both sides with Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Lay a piece of the Capicola over the pork, followed by a spoonful of the Jalapeno Pesto and a small handful of the Escarole and drizzle of Olive Oil. Roll up andh secure seam with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Grill the Bracioles for 3-5 minutes per side, in batches if necessary, until completely cooked through. Remove the toothpicks before serving.