Jam & Gin
Tasty and pretty!
- step-by-step directions
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (hulled)
- 1/2 pound rhubarb (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 lemon (zested, juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
Jam & Gin:
- 2 tablespoons strawberry rhubarb jam (recipe above, divided)
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 lime (1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into rounds)
- lemon lime soda (to finish)
- For the Strawberry Rhubarb Jam: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, honey, water, lemon zest and juice, salt, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook until the jam has thickened and slightly reduced, about 1 hour. Remove from heat and allow cool completely.
- For the Jam & Gin: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add 1 tablespoon of jam, gin, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously until chilled. Pour into a highball glass filled with ice and top with a splash of lemon lime soda. Dollop a spoonful of jam on top and stir into the cocktail. Garnish with a lime round and serve!
- Tip: Try this recipe with your favorite jam to give it your own twist!
rate this recipe
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Orange Beer Spritz
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons